Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Helllooooo everyone.

How are we all going on this lovely (yet extremely windy) weekend. We had planned to go to the park today for a bit of family fun, but alas Mr wind and rain decided that they would pay us a visit. Here's hoping tomorrow will bring a bit more sunshine. Not much news of late from our household. Although I did pick up the latest issue of Scrapbooking memories (Vol 11 No 7) to find that I have not 1 but 2 layouts in there (pages 78 and 135). Exciting (yay). Miss Kayla is so thrilled that she was in a magazine!!

A couple of things to show you tonight. The first is my project for Round 2 of the Scraptwist competition over at 123 scrapbook. The criteria was you had to use glitter (hmmmm) and embossing powders, with the twist of no flowers being allowed. So embossing and no flowers I could do, but glitter is just not my thing. I ended up with loose glitter everywhere except where it was supposed to be. I know I could have just used Kindyglitz or Stickles, but I don't really like making my life easy for myself lol. In the end I decided to make a mask. I completely covered it in UTEE and then stamped into it while it was still hot. I then added glitter (hmmmm) around the eyes (with a few naughty words slipping out in the process lol).


Not a bad result I thought.

Secondly is my take on this weeks sketch for Kaisercraft. I used the lovely Child's play Collection, and embellishments, as well as the Duchess stamps and freebie paper from the Q1 magazine.


I also made a card inspired from the sketch as well.


Well that's about it from me. Sorry for the lengthy post. My sister who I normally talk to daily is away, so I had to speak to someone.

Thanks for stopping by.
Take care
Renee xox

6 comments :

Samantha Hauzer said...

Your card and layout are absolutely stunning Renee! Love how you used the Childs Play and Duchess together.

Teina said...

gorgeous work LOve you sketch layout and your card is as cute as
Hugs

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Love your layout Renee and the card is just as gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

you make that paper look beautiful Renee!! Loving that mask too :0)

Belynda-Lee said...

oh wow hun, your layout and card are just beautiful!! The distressing looks great and teh colours work really well together. well done hunnie xo

Anonymous said...

hey dont apologise for a lengthy post - we all LOVE reading it and seeing your stunning work!

both your layout and card are just fab!
I have loved seeing your scraptwist stuff too! its very creative and full of inspiration! :)

hope you're well
xxoo