Monday, January 11, 2010

Make it on Monday-Part 2

Well what a stinker of a day today has been as well. There will be another cool change coming through later in the week so I am holding out for that. I really shouldn't complain though, there are other places in Australia that are much, much hotter than us at the moment.

It is Monday today, which means it is time for another Make it on Monday project (yippeee).
This week my inspiration came from this You Tube Video:

Quilting Meets Cardmaking

Here is the block I made

and the card I made with it


To make this "quilt block" I cut a 4inch square piece of paper. I then cut six 1inch squares in a contrasting colour. Each of the squares were then cut in half daigonally and adhered to the base paper in the pattern shown.

I really love this idea, and I think I will be making more cards with this technique. You could get really creative with it, or stick to simple patterns. The choice is entirely yours.

This morning we made some yummy cupcakes. The girls helped me mix them, ice them and of course eat them. The pink icing and pink sprinkles makes them a favourite of the girls. So I thought I would make them today's photo of the day.

They are sitting in the fridge at the moment so that the icing doesn't melt right off them :) Looking at this picture is making me want to go and eat another one...mmmmm cupcakes.

Well I had better go (and eat)

5 comments :

Fiona said...

yummy.... cupcakes.....

love that card Renee...

Juls said...

your cake looks just yummm!!! and I love your card, Love the colours and the combo of ribbons you have used! stunning creation! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. I love how it turned out!

Sam said...

Ooh, you have thrown us off with the cupcakes. I have such a craving now! They look delicious but I just wanted to say that your card looks great. I love the color combination.

Antonella Ryan said...

What a gorgous Card and that cupcake is slighty Yummy