Sunday, June 27, 2010

What's been happening!

Wow what a couple of weeks. We were struck down with a horrible, horrible flu. Every time I thought I was getting better, the next day I would feel miserable again. Poor little Emily then got an ear infection, so some yummy antibiotics for her. Kayla and Matt managed to miss the bulk of it thank goodness. But we are all well again and ready to get back into some creativeness.

My computer also had a meltdown. I guess I overworked it with all my demands lol. But hubby is going to kindly let me use his computer, so it is all good. Now I just have to learn how to share with him and not load his computer up too much with all of my things lol.
Needless to say there hasn't been much scrapping going on of late. So I don't really have too much to show you except this little Kaisercraft door hanger I have made for my niece.


It uses the gorgeous new wood flourishes that Kaisercraft have released. Very yummy indeed.

What else has been happening in the Ludlow household? We got Kayla's very first school report....and she is doing very well. Her reading and maths are both at "above grade level" and she is in a little group of kids in her class that are getting extension work for their reading. Cool hey! Very proud Mummy here. But what I am most proud of is that her report card stated that her manners, ability to take turns, share and co-operation is at an "above grade level". I put a lot of value in the academic side of school, but I think it is equally important for a child to be polite, helpful and kind. So very, very pleased. Well that is about it really. We have all been just relaxing and recuperating here. Hopefully the creativity will start flowing again and I will have some more things to show you soon.

Until then
Take care

8 comments :

Unknown said...

I just love you little creation... I'm glad to her you are all feeling better! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!! Go Kayla, of course I am not surprised since her Mummy is very clever too ;0)
That door hanger is stunning! Loving thos enew wooden shapes!
Glad you are feeling better hun :0)

Sheree said...

Cute little door hanger Renee! Good to hear you're all feeling better now.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Good to hear you are all feeling better! Love your door hanger!!

Christine said...

Congrats Kayla on a wonderful report! I'm glad you're all feeling better now.
I've left you a little award on my blog :)

Nikki xx said...

So glad to hear you're all on the mend now and how fantastic is Miss Kayla???? You're door hanger is also stunning gorgeous girl xxx

Tomoko said...

Awe!! This is so adorable, Renee!!!!!!! I really love your creations!!!

Lucy Edson said...

So sorry to hear about your illness and computer issues! That's no fun at all! Hope all is well now.

Adorable project - the new wood cuts are stunning!!